Kathleen R. Brennan is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and a graduate of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. With over 10 years of counseling experience, Kathleen provides individual and couples counseling. Her specialities include: trauma, anxiety and depression, grief and loss. She is EMDR Certified.
Kathleen respects and honors the uniqueness of each individual. Her goal is to meet each of her clients where they are in life, working to promote their personal growth, encourage positive life changes, and help each to develop a sense of empowerment. Clients are given the space and attention needed to examine how they view themselves and relate to others, build on their strengths and change constricting and unhealthy patterns of behavior.
Her clinical model respects each person’s experience and context, both past and present. She provides a supportive, safe environment where clients can comfortably and with confidence speak of their life experiences, gain a deeper understanding of and appreciation for who they are, while gaining the tools to meet and walk through life challenges.
Anxiety and Depression
Grief and Loss
Complicated Grief and Mourning
Unresolved Childhood Trauma
Past or Recent Trauma
Education and Training
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- EMDR Certified Therapist
- The Natalie Haimowitz Postgraduate Fellowship Program, Relational Treatment of Trauma, Womencare Counseling Center (2009-2011)
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Master's of Arts in Forensic Psychology (2005)
- Ohio Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (1999)
Talks and Presentations
- Creator and host of the On The Blue Couch Podcast (2014-present)
- Guest on The Broken Brain Podcast: Vicarious Trauma (2016)
- Forensic Psychology and Trauma (2014)
- Working with Children and Adolescents Who Have Experienced Trauma (2011-2014)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)